Over time humans have come up with many inventions to make communication easy. Among these inventions, google voice is the best. In 2009, Google had introduced an amazing feature of google voice that works on all your devices.
If you use more than one phone number to handle official work then Google Voice might be helpful for you. Sometimes you don’t want to share the actual number with people, then google voice works as a helping hand.
Google voice provides you a number so you can use it for personal reasons or business purposes. With Google voice number you can make calls, send text messages and voicemails. You can also forward your calls to other linked phones.
How Does Google Voice Work?
Google voice is a system that ensures that no clients will be left unanswered. It works on VoIP technology. It means that voice over IP.
In order to simplify your work, it only requires a speaker and microphone. All calls can be managed with one click. No matter whether you are on your desk or not.
Most of you are wondering how this outstanding service of google voice works. There are some simple steps with which you can set up your google voice account. So read the article till the end to know the complete process.
- Google voice is a broadband service so it works over the internet. As long as you keep your device connected to the internet, it will work.
- Go to voice.google.com and sign in to your google account. If you don’t have a Google account, create one by putting all the information.
- Once you have signed in, search for the available numbers according to your location. You can select the number of your choice.
- The next step is to verify your existing number. Google Voice will send a 6-digit code on that number for verification.
- You can use google voice on iPhone, Android, and the web.
- After that process, the Google Voice app will open in front of you. Now you can make or receive calls, send text messages, and voicemails to your contacts.
Features of Google Voice
Some exciting features of Google voice that help in managing communications.
Let’s discuss them one by one:
- It transcripts your voicemails so you can read them if you don’t have time to listen to recordings. You can also send it to your Gmail account for future use.
- You also have the option to copy-paste your text or download the recordings.
- Another intriguing feature of google voice is that you can link up to 6 different numbers. Whenever you get a call, you will get notifications on all devices.
- You can block and spam unwanted calls and messages. Are you worried due to spam calls? This issue is fixed also. It recognizes spam calls and blocks them.
On the other hand, it allows hiding your number while calling.
- It offers you international calls at low rates, so this is a good feature of Google voice.
- In the US, all calls and messages are free. There are affordable rates for people in other locations.
- If you are wondering how does google voice works on the computer? It is super easy to handle. If your phone is running out of battery then switching to a PC is not a big deal. Even during a call.
- There is another exceptional feature that lets you forward calls. When you are not willing to pick up the call. You can add another no to forward that call. You can do this from the setting of the app or web version.
Whenever calls come it is ringed on all linked numbers. Yes, also on the computer. You have the option to receive it from the device of your own choice. Google Voice makes sure that you don’t miss any calls.
These qualities ensure that you never miss an opportunity to uplift your business. All the above mentioned features can have a positive effect on your business if you run any. If you’re running any kind of business, you can use google voice to enhance and expand your business effectively.
Some Techniques for Using Google Voice
If you wanna use it like a pro. You can just use it smartly. You can take advantage of all its features and use them as per your needs.
Firstly if you are sick of business calls that interfere with your personal time. Then try to generate a new no instead of using your own.
Secondly, if you forgot your client’s requirements then you can record the calls for your personal use. You can do it easily from the web version. If you are ready to make your life smarter. Then open the google voice sign-in page and embrace your work.
Should You Use Google Voice?
Google voice is here with surprising features. It will definitely multiply your business growth. But keep in mind some features that can bother you. If you are going to use a business account then it is paid. But it’s not a big amount. It doesn’t allow emergency calls if you are using google provided no. thirdly if you are thinking to use your own no. then there are some limitations. You also have to do some extra effort to link it.
These are some features that will bother but they can be fixed. This application is worth using. Definitely, you will stick to it once you use it.
If you have different phones for business purposes, then you should use google voice. It will help in fast communication with people as you can forward all calls to linked devices. Thus, you can deal with people whenever or wherever you are. Besides this, it will keep you distant from unwanted people and close to your loved ones.
Google voice can function pretty well on every device, either it is your mobile phone or laptop. That’s why you should try Google voice service.