Do you want to get verified on Twitter? You must have seen a blue badge with white checkmark on different Twitter accounts.
This badge shows the authenticity and credibility of the user and helps you to differentiate between verified accounts that are in the public interest of people. And if you are using Twitter for your business purposes, a verified account will help you a lot in expanding your business. Almost every social media platform is using this verification feature now.
Anyone can now apply for this verification process but the most important thing is to get approved, which not everyone can do.
Blue Tick on Twitter
The blue tick on twitter not only shows the credibility and authenticity of an account, but also helps in increasing the number of followers by drawing the attention of the public. The twitter account with the blue checkmark is regarded as reliable and credible by Twitter. The twitter accounts can only be verified by twitter, no third party is involved in this.
To get verification you need to apply by submitting the application, however, only people from certain fields are eligible to apply for account verification, for example, companies, brands organization, sports personalities, entertainment celebrities, social activists, journalists, political figures, etc. There is a certain process by which the application for account verification is reviewed and there are few ways by which you can enhance your chances of getting a blue tick.
Here are some easiest ways that will help you to get verified in no time. Twitter has set some eligibility criteria to select which account they should choose to verify and which account they should not. So, to be verified on Twitter, your account should fulfill all the factors to meet those eligibility criteria. Moreover, your account should be updated with your recent information, and your email and phone number should also be verified.
Who is Eligible to Get Verified on Twitter?
The way people apply for verification on Twitter changed in 2021. After that, Twitter put it on hold for some reason and then established a new process for verification. The company has made it clear who can get verified and who can’t. Twitter also reserves the right to unverified accounts that won’t obey its rules.
Twitter has specified that in order to be eligible for verification, your account must fall into one of the following categories:
- Companies, brands and organizations
- Government officials and political figures
- Professional sports or gaming
- Entertainment (includes TV networks, film studios and associated entities)
- News organizations and journalists
- Activists, organizer and other influential individuals
How to Get Verified on Twitter?
The first and foremost thing is to keep your account active, keep posting the content that attracts and grab the attention of the public, besides posting you can also get engaged with other users by following them, liking and retweeting their content, or adding comments on their posts. You can also increase your activity by participating in different trends; this can make your account prominent.
Secondly, your twitter profile should be optimized and updated, especially optimization is very important for the twitter profile of any brand, the brief description of brand; link of website, business location should be a part of twitter profile.
Moreover, it is also necessary to engage in conversations with other verified accounts, this can be done by creating different polls and mentioning other verified accounts to involve them in your conversations. Apart from this, try to keep real and honest, do not try to buy followers, this will have a very bad impact on the credibility and authenticity of any account and it will also reduce your chances of getting a blue tick.
Steps to Get Verified on Twitter
Access to the application to demand confirmation is accessible to everyone all around the world. In case you are ready to apply, you can fill out the application for verification directly from your profile. Just go to your account settings to get started.
Follow these steps to get a verified Twitter account with a blue badge.
• Open your Twitter account and go to Settings and Privacy
• Go to the Account Information page. (To access your account information, you might need to re-enter your password).
• Once on the page, tap on the Request Verification.
• A dialogue box will appear. Click Start Request.
• The category selection box will appear. Choose your category and click Next.
• Depending on your chosen category, you’ll be asked to provide some more details and proofs to prove that you fit in the selected category. For example, these proofs may include the articles written by you or a follower threshold.
• The next step is to confirm your overall identity. In this step, you’ll be asked to submit a picture of your Government-issued ID, your official website, your official email address, and your phone number.
• Once you’re finished with all these steps and reviewed your application, click Submit.
• The request will be sent in a queue for review.
Next step is to wait for a Twitter response. It may take a week or two depending on the requests, handled by Twitter. Twitter will send you an email regarding whether they have verified you or rejected your request. If your request will be approved, the Blue Badge will automatically appear on your profile. And in case they reject your request, you’ll be asked to review your application and complete your profile. Once rejected, you can reapply to get verified on Twitter after 30 days.
You can see these verification badges(blue ticks) on any verified Twitter account. These verification badges help you understand whether the real Selena Gomez is tweeting or somebody is pretending to be Selena Gomez. The blue verified badge on Twitter lets people know that an account of public interest is authentic. To receive the blue badge, your account must be authentic, notable, and active.