Facebook is one of the world’s most famous and used social media networks. It has over 3 billion users in different parts of the world. Individuals and small or large businesses use it to grow their social media presence or businesses.
With so much clout in the online world, Facebook is constantly evolving and presenting new opportunities for growth to its users. That’s why many businesses are also trying to integrate their websites with Facebook for development and higher engagement.
To have a more significant impact on your audience, you should embed your Facebook postings on your website. For this, you do not need to worry about the extensive coding or go the extra mile in this tiring process. Facebook has a complete solution for you in this regard.
And what is that solution?
Facebook has a convenient tool to embed Facebook posts on your website. It has given detailed instructions on how to embed public Facebook posts on your website through Facebook on the developer’s page.
Embed Facebook posts on your website
You can embed a public post on your website in various ways.
- Embed Facebook post to your HTML Website
- Get your code from a Facebook post
- Embed Facebook Posts on the WordPress website
- Use WordPress plugin
- Embed Facebook posts by third-party tools
We will discuss them one by one.
Embed Facebook post to your HTML Website
Get your code from the Facebook postcode generator
Embedding a Facebook post on your website is straightforward. It allows you to show a specific Facebook post on your website. To integrate a Facebook post on your website, follow these steps:
- Select the post that you wish to include on your website. This can be a post from your own Facebook page or one from another page that you have permission to embed.
- Select “Embed” from the drop-down menu after clicking the “…” button in the post’s top-right corner.
- A pop-up window will appear with the embed code. You may change the post size by selecting the “Customise and preview” option.
- After you’ve decided on a size, copy the code by clicking the “Copy” button.
- Please copy the code and paste it into the HTML file of the webpage where you wish to embed the post.
- Save your modifications and then preview the page. Your website should now display the embedded content.
Add code manually
Besides the Facebook code generator, you can also add the code manually. The steps for adding a code are as follows:
- Go to Facebook and get the URL of the public post you want to embed.
- Add the post’s tag to your website by adding the post’s URL.
- Test the code; you may customize the size, language, or dimension.
Embed Facebook Posts on the WordPress site
Use WordPress plugin
If you use WordPress, you can embed a post using the Facebook embed post plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/facebook-post-embed/).
The plugin allows you to use a short code to add Facebook posts to your website and displays a preview of the post before it is published. Using the “Facebook Post Feed” plugin for WordPress, you can easily embed a Facebook post on your WordPress site. Here’s how to use this plugin to integrate a Facebook post on your WordPress site:
• Install and activate the “Facebook Post Feed” WordPress plugin. You can do it by going to the “Plugins” section of the WordPress dashboard, searching for “Facebook Post Feed,” and clicking the “Install Now” option.
• After installing and activating the plugin, you must link it to your Facebook account by clicking the “Connect to Facebook” button and following the steps.
• To display a feed of Facebook posts on your website, start by creating a new post or page and then inserting the shortcode [fb feed] into the post editor.
• You can customise the feed settings on the plugin settings page to show posts from a specific page, group, or personal profile, adjust the number of posts, picture size, and so on.
• You may preview the feed on the page or post where you inserted the short code and then publish the page or post when you’re happy with how the feed appears.
Depending on your work’s press customization, you may need to make a few variations. But, it is easy to embed a post to a WordPress site via a plugin.
Using third-party tools
You can also use various third-party tools and services to integrate Facebook posts on your website without manually copying and pasting the code. For example, the Facebook Post Feed plugin for WordPress allows you to include a feed of posts from a Facebook page on your website. Moreover, the sorts of postings embedded on third-party websites like Flocker, Smash Balloon, or Sprout Social may be limited.
Facebook Policy on embedding post
It is important to note that there is a limit to how much you can edit on the post; most of the time, you can only resize it; also, once the post is erased from Facebook, it will vanish from the website. Please be aware that Facebook policy only permits you to embed public posts, and you must ask for permission from the original post creator to embed the post on your website. If you want to embed a post from a Facebook page that you do not control, you must be an administrator of that page to do so.
In essence, embedding a Facebook post on your website is a simple process that involves selecting the post you want to embed, clicking on the three dots, selecting “Embed,” copying the code, and pasting it into the HTML of your website where you want to add the post. You may embed a Facebook post on your WordPress site by installing a plugin such as “Facebook Post Feed,” linking it to your Facebook account, tweaking the feed settings, and then using a short code to show the feed on a post or page on your website. Keep in mind that you must be permitted to embed posts.
There are also third-party tools and services available that may be utilized to automate the process. Integrating Facebook posts on your website is an excellent approach to improving interaction and attracting more people. You can surely benefit from this great feature of embedding Facebook posts on your website. This will increase your reach on the website as well as your Facebook page.