Consider this your go-to resource for information on a variety of topics, including Facebook cover photo size, Facebook profile image size, ad sizes, and more. When Facebook first launched, the majority of the content was text and links, with the unusual baby photo passing across your stream. However, as social media usage patterns have changed, visual content has raised interest, and the biggest social network in the world has changed to keep up.
Facebook has made sure you can share your ideas and experiences with others by using amazing images. And those that are utilising Facebook’s visual nature to its fullest extent are experiencing the highest success with their marketing via social media. After all, Facebook is the most popular social networking site, therefore it’s critical that you recognize it prepared with the necessary knowledge.
Facebook Profile Picture Size Guide
Facebook started rolling out a new, simpler design for the desktop site in the middle of 2020. (Mark Zuckerberg had announced it a year earlier, but they took their time rolling it out). It is intended to modernise the appearance and move it nearer to the mobile version.
When viewing your Facebook Group & Page in a web browser in the previous version, which they are now calling Facebook Classic, the profile image was to the left of the cover photo. The Facebook profile image now appears with a tiny overlap beneath the cover photo in the bottom left corner of the new design.
You cannot alter or delete the small white border that is automatically drawn around it. The great news is that you are not required to post a circular image, which would be somewhat difficult to make. You can instead upload any standard square or rectangle image. Any image you provide will be cropped to a circle when it is shown, regardless of its shape.
- Laptops or desktops web browser – 132-pixels
- Mobile phones – 128-pixels
- The Feature Phones – 36-pixels
Facebook Profile Picture Size
Laptop or Desktop Web Browser:
It appears as a circle with a 132-pixel diameter on a desktop web browser’s standard Page view, just like when someone is viewing your profile. Compared to the 170-pixel Facebook Classic size, this is a little bit smaller.
Mobile phone types differ in the size at which the profile photo appears. It appears as a circle with a 128-pixel diameter on current devices. It appears at a diameter of 36 pixels on older smartphones.
If the image isn’t square, you can change the focal point and zoom in and out when choosing a photo to use as your profile picture (so long as it exceeds the minimum resolution).
The same image, which is still a circle with a diameter of 40 pixels, is used as your profile image just in front of your name on comments and postings in the timeline.
Standard Facebook Profile Picture Size
Similar to a business card is a Facebook profile picture. It can be customised to represent a company or personalised to represent you. A strong Facebook profile picture can increase followers and aid in effective social media marketing. Therefore, it is crucial to polish the appearance of your Facebook profile pictures.
Your profile photo will not only be shown at the top of your Facebook profile page but will also be displayed on the left side of any comments you leave and search results you produce. It serves as a crucial visual display of your Facebook profile.
Different devices display Facebook profile photographs in various sizes. 132 × 132 pixels are displayed on desktop or laptop screens as opposed to 170 x 170 pixels on Facebook Classic. Depending on the sort of phone you have, your profile image may not be the same size. It displays as a 128 × 128-pixel diameter on contemporary cell phones. On earlier smartphones, it was seen at a resolution of 36 by 36 pixels.
The profile picture you are viewing in the comments will also be shown at a resolution of 40 x 40 pixels. 360 x 360 pixels is the best Facebook profile photo size. The smallest size for Facebook profile pictures that can be submitted is 180 × 180 pixels. Facebook will store images at a maximum resolution of 2048 by 2048 pixels.
We advise using a 1:1 aspect ratio image with a higher quality of 720 x 720 pixels. Use the JPG format for photographs and the PNG format for pictures with text or logos. People are more likely to connect with you through your eyes, thus at the lowest size of your Facebook profile picture, make very sure your eyes (and mouth, preferably with a smile) is visible.
Size Requirements for Facebook Profile Picture
You’re not likely to encounter an image size issue because it shows so little. You should be okay to go as long as your picture is at most 170 pixels in its smallest size (which is extremely little).
Pros of Applying a Facebook Profile Photo
People recognize you from your Facebook profile photo. You require it.
- Create trust – People will assume that your account is fraudulent or relatively new if it lacks a profile picture. Create a fresh, inviting, trustworthy, and professional profile image for your Facebook account so that visitors may connect you with the pertinent information you share there and feel confident in you.
- Advertising on several platforms – Utilising the same profile picture across many social media sites can improve your online presence, increase connections, and streamline your social media marketing.
- You’re easier to find – To find out more details about people they interact with or have worked with, users search social media by name and image. They can locate you more quickly because of your Facebook app.
How to Add or Change Facebook Profile Picture
It’s time to post your flawless Facebook pfp now that you’ve got it ready. The process of adding and updating your Facebook profile photo only requires a few clicks to be completed effectively.
- Launch the Facebook app or Facebook website on your PC. After login into Facebook, click on your profile image in the top right corner to go to your homepage.
- Choose the tiny camera icon in your profile picture’s lower right corner.
- Next, either select an image from those that have already been posted or click “Upload Photo” to add a new Facebook profile photo.
- You can choose which portion of the photograph to use after uploading. Simply move the ring to the area you want to use. Remember to center the circle’s center in your image.
- To view the image in its entirety, use the slider below.
- After you click “Save,” your picture will show up as your profile picture on the homepage.
A profile picture plays a great role in a Facebook account. Uploading the right picture in the right size and format is really important. The above mentioned points can be helpful for anyone to upload the right profile picture on Facebook.