Instagram celebrated its tenth birthday last year, but the site has gone a long way from its inception more than a decade ago. In this article, we’ll look at some Instagram statistics that reflect the state of the photo and video-sharing network this year, also where it may be headed in the future.
Instagram was developed in 2010 and gained huge fame during the shortest period of 10 years. In the social media platforms race, you can now boldly say that Instagram is one of the market leaders. This success is only possible due to the ever-changing statistics that this platform has given to its users.
71% of Instagram users fall in the young age group, so you can also expect a great business outcome that can be drawn out by an aptly proposed marketing strategy. Moreover, you can also get bread & butter to your table by the proper monetization of your Instagram account.
Those who don’t want to use this platform as a photo-sharing booth only want to do some business productivity. We have to say that there are many features that can help you grow your business.
Let’s get into some of the Latest Instagram Statistics, Facts, and Trends in 2022
First, let’s talk about the facts that are associated with Instagram.
Instagram was founded by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger in 2010 and the current head of Instagram is Adam Mosseri. Its headquarter is at Par, California. It was introduced on October 6th 2010 and the very first post was uploaded on July 16th, 2010
- If we evaluate the branding & marketing area, Instagram wins the battle of success in this respective dimension because visual illustrations & brand images prove to be the most captivating aspect to the user in this regard; given this perspective, no other platform can beat the visual effectiveness of Instagram’s UI.
- Instagram is the 5th most visited site in the world.
- Its users spend 5hours of their day on Instagram. People are more into Instagram because they want unfiltered content.
- Instagram remains the best in grasping a huge amount of users from India. Remains the second in this race. More than half of US users are female.
It’s time to talk about the most important part, and that is business statistics. Everyone in the world is in the race to grow money, so why don’t you? Engage in the statistics and grow your business now.
170 Million users of US on Instagram
The United States is now the second-largest Instagram viewership in the world. Instagram’s audience share in the United States has risen considerably, increasing by 54 million between 2019 and 2021. When subdivided by age, that’s the largest Instagram user category. The second-largest demographic was 18 to 24-year-olds, who accounted for 25.7 percent of all users. As a result, more than half of all Instagram users are under the age of 34.
Approximately 1.4B people use Instagram
That’s the monthly active users on Instagram, making it the world’s fourth most popular social networking site. Facebook, YouTube, and WhatsApp are the only platforms having more users. Ironically, it indicates that Instagram has risen two places in the rankings in the last two years.
- It had only 1 billion users in 2019 and was placed sixth.
- Instagram is the world’s fifth most popular website as of 2021
- In Similarweb’s global rankings of websites based on total monthly traffic, Instagram is ranked fifth. It receives over 6.6 billion monthly visitors, equating to a little over six visits per active monthly user.
- Influencer marketing is one of the speediest strategies to grow a business. Instagram has helped in this by 58% since the year of 2019
- There are brand-supporting ads too that urge the buyers to check these brands.
- People are discovering new products on Instagram. And 80% are following a business page.
- Instagram users spent an average of 30 minutes per day in 2020.
- In the US this platform is the 10th most seen source of communication and according to an estimate 0.9 billion monthly visits in January 2021.
- In 2020 Instagram was the fifth popular download on the Apple App store.
- It has 500 million daily active users. In the US 63% of users visit daily and it has one billion monthly users but at the same time it has 95 million fake bot accounts.
- Over half of all Instagram accounts have under 1,000 followers.
- Instagram is the 10th most searched query globally, with 317.7Million monthly search volume.
Also Read – Powerful Instagram Tools to Boost Your Social Media Presence
Story Statistics on Instagram
- 500+ million people use Instagram stories daily, people use the stories on a daily basis and share their own precious moments.
- 58% users on Instagram watch personal stories in 24 hours.
- 44% of businesses have used stories on Instagram to promote products and services.
Marketing & business Statistics in Instagram
According to a Facebook, Inc. survey, the clear majority of respondents say Instagram helps their research products and services.80% point out that they use Instagram to help them decide whether or not to buy something.
Visiting a brand’s Instagram account and reading comments to see what other customers are saying about them, or texting them to ask a question about a product or service, are examples of this research method.
- 83-84% of Instagram users tell they help in the discovery of new products and services
- 50% grow Influencer Marketing on Instagram Through stories and posts.
- 90% of users use Instagram for Business purposes.
- 81% of people use Instagram to research products and services.
- 83% of people use Instagram to discover new products.
Also Read – The Definitive Guide to Growing Your Instagram Following 3x Faster
Latest Instagram Trends
The benefits of using social media platforms especially, Instagram has no closing step in the context of perquisites. The more you apprehend Instagram’s working algorithm, the more it becomes advantageous to you. Although Facebook holds a vast number of active users worldwide, yet this massive figure doesn’t make it that beneficial spot for businesses. Let’s look at some of the latest Instagram trends
Live streaming is a very popular trend on Instagram in 2021. It’s a great way to directly communicate with your audience. Live-streaming works when someone you follow shares a live broadcast, their profile picture will show at the top of the feed with a colorful ring around it. You can watch live-streaming on the Instagram app.
Best Practices for Instagram Live streaming
- Give followers a chance to interact.
- Don’t follow a script on live-streaming.
- Check sound and video quality before live-streaming.
- Post live announcement.
- Save your live video after live-streaming.
- Encourage Questions.
Educate with Instagram guides
Instagram is all about creating visual, eye-catching videos, attention grabbing
pictures, audio content.
The latest trend on Instagram is Create Reels. You can create reel 15 sec to show
your talent. Some people are creating reels for Entertainment and business purposes. Some people even use Instagram to market their products and services.
Some other latest Instagram trends are :
- Establish an Instagram Shop for business are being setup
- Tagging people on Instagram posts and stories
- Introducing any kind of new product or service through Instagram
- Releasing movie posters, teasers, trailers and songs on Instagram to attract an audience.
Instagram marketing is the use of Instagram to raise brand recognition and introduce new items. Instagram allows you to personalize your brand and engage with your fans. It’s a wonderful avenue for creators and entrepreneurs wanting to develop organically, with over one billion active users on the site.
What is the best strategy to promote on Instagram?
With Instagram introducing e-commerce capabilities such as shop-able Stories, Instagram stores, and in-app checkout, you can now create a full sales funnel on the platform. To promote purchases, it’s essential to discover ways to keep consumers engaged with your company on Instagram and to sometimes prod them with discounts and shop-able posts.
Best Tips for Instagram marketing
- Make use of a business account
- Define your objectives clearly
- Understand your target market
- Improve your profile
- Make excellent captions
- Create an Instagram Shop
- Instagram advertising might help you reach a larger audience.
To begin with Instagram marketing, you must first create an Instagram Business account or an Instagram Creator account. Begin by creating a personal account, then proceed with the steps above to build your company profile.
Instagram users don’t simply use the platform to learn about items and services. They are currently interested in and also use it to discover new ones. Using paid advertisements and sponsored posts to promote your products to your target buyers might help you take advantage of this and produce more sales and leads. Also using bulk Instagram accounts for more help to branding a products.
A great platform to have fun and to remain up to date about the ongoing processes of the world. It is even fun in growing business and developing plans.